The immune system can either be your best friend or your worst nightmare. It all depends on what you’re eating and how you’re maintaining it. Keep in mind that Immunity booster foods do wonders. This system that strengthens your body builds up over time with a lot of effort. And if you’re a fitness enthusiast, strong immunity can be your biggest strength.
Now think about your routine. Are you taking measures to boost your immune system?
No? Don’t worry!
You’re at the right place! Keep Reading!
There’s no doubt that your sleep, stress, and hygiene control the body’s defense mechanisms. Yet you cannot ignore the exercise and immunity booster foods you intake. The best way to prevent yourself from long-run diseases is by designing your diet plan according to the list of immunity booster foods we have shortlisted below.
What are the Signs of a Weak Immune System?
Several factors weaken the immune system, that’s a different story. Right now, we’ll help you in the identification of a weak immune system. So that you can decide whether you urgently need these immunity booster foods or not. Let’s self-analyze by answering these questions:
- Do you commonly face rashes on the skin?
- Are you always tired and stressed?
- Do you have infections and cold most of the time?
- Do you take more than ten days to recover from the common cold?
- Does your body bleed longer than others?
- Do you frequently experience bloating?
- Do your wounds take longer to heal?
If any four out of the seven questions have an answer as a yes, you definitely have a weak immune system.
The Best Immunity Booster Foods
You can boost immunity through several means. Even an easy way to achieve your goal will be taking immunity booster supplements. But we want you to take the most advantage of this article because a natural diet is the most efficient one and lasts longer. You should not feel lazy in going out and purchasing immunity booster foods. Still, we will be discussing the most common types of food you can easily find at home. And there should not be any excuse after this!
1. GarlicWhen writing an article on immunity boosters, one can never miss Garlic, the all-rounder. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that save you from cold and flu. The rich antioxidants prevent heart diseases, hypertension, neurodegenerative diseases, and several types of cancers. You can eat this food raw, roasted, as a paste, extract, or in powdered form. However, if you value good breath more than the immune benefits garlic provides, or you’re allergic to the food, try going for other options.
2. Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits are a rich source of vitamin C that your body doesn’t produce yet is essential. Vitamin C boosts your immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells that fight against colds and by repairing damaged tissues. These immunity booster fruits further contain minerals and fibers that do not let your cholesterol level go off the mark. And the best part is, there’s a huge variety of citrus fruits. You can choose from lemons, oranges, grapefruits, limes, or gooseberries. Since daily consumption of vitamin C is essential, we would recommend you to intake any of the immunity booster fruits, and if you can’t, go for immunity supplements.
3. SpinachIf you’re on a mission of weight loss, spinach can take you through. This green vegetable contains folate, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and rich antioxidants. It not just boosts your immunity but also helps in digestion, strengthening bones, and preventing heart diseases. To attain the most benefits, intake raw or slightly cooked spinach. And if you’re not a vegetable person, start using supplements for vitamin A and vitamin C.
4. TurmericTurmeric is an old remedy for antibacterial and anti-inflammatory purposes. Being a part of Pakistani households, surely you can relate to using this ingredient in almost every other food. It not just leaves the magic at the moment but boosts your immunity for a long time. The immunity booster food helps with quick healing, prevents heart diseases, and reduces joint pain. You too must have experienced a dose of turmeric milk when having pain in bones or joints? We all do! But try taking turmeric as an immunity booster food without any pain. You’ll notice a lasting change. Furthermore, it often helps with depression and anxiety too.
5. GingerGinger is another quick healing ingredient commonly found in Pakistani kitchens. The spice is rich in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. This herb is well known for boosting immunity that further contributes to blood regulation and in maintaining cholesterol levels. Adding a few grated gingers to the daily diet, your digestive system starts working as smoothly as it should.
6. AlmondsAlmonds are one of the most underrated immunity booster foods. Do you know that they are rich in properties? Almonds are high in fiber, vitamin E, calcium, and healthy fats. They are protein-filled immunity boosters that serve best to those who are striving to lose weight. Ideally, an adult should intake 15 mg of vitamin E that is present in around 46 almonds. If not, there’s no bad in opting for another option of taking vitamin E supplements.
7. Pomegranate JuicePomegranate is another immunity booster fruit for immune support. Experts recommend juice due to its convenience. One sip can benefit you with a blend of vitamin C, potassium, anti-inflammatory properties, easy digestion, prevention of cancer & heart diseases, and muscle recovery. And if you have trouble sleeping, pomegranate can be your perfect sleeping pill (that comes with no harm).
8. BroccoliBroccoli is not a commonly found vegetable in our kitchens. Maybe because we don’t know the benefits? Well, this vegetable is rich in vitamins A, C, and E. It has calcium for your bones, potassium for your brain functioning, and magnesium for your optimum blood pressure. Broccoli recovers your skin damage and fights off the harmful free radicals. We can say that it boosts your immune system through different means and should be a part of your regular intake.
The Bottom Line
Your body needs genuinely healthy support to work well and to protect you from outside enemies. Being physically strong is of no worth with a weak immune system. Always keep in mind that extremism leads to a mess. To boost your immune system, don’t just start consuming everything at once. Choose your immunity booster food wisely as per your overall diet, fitness goals, and lifestyle.